I have been trying to slowly make our household a more natural and healthy home. A total change would be overwhelming so I have been trying to make small changes here and there. One of these is using organic coconut sugar in place of processed white sugar. I have it in my coffee and on my cinnamon toast, and today I thought I’d try using it in a strawberry crisp! I had a bunch of strawberries leftover from the fourth and they were getting really ripe so I thought I’d make a crisp to salvage them 🙂 The recipe is so easy and turns out sooo so yummy!
Coconut Sugar Strawberry Crisps
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 stick cold butter cut in small pieces
- 1 quart strawberries quartered and a handful of red raspberries
- coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, sugar and butter together with a fork until it combines but is till somewhat crumbly.
3. Add a layer of strawberries and raspberries into each ramkin or your one baking dish.
4. Sprinkle berry mixture with cinnamon and coconut sugar.
5. Scoop flour mixture on top of the berry mixture, covering the berries and gently patting down.
6. Put baking dish(s) on a foiled baking sheet to catch any spill over.
7. Bake for about 25 mins or until browned and bubbling hot.
8. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.