- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carrier oil like almond, olive, fractioned coconut oil etc.
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Combine the butter, coconut oil and carrier oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 10 second increments until completely melted.
- Pour into another bowl, add essential oils and stir.
- Let cool for a good hour (in the fridge if you’re in a hurry), or until the oils are just starting to consider re-solidifying (this is important – you won’t be able to whip it up if they’re still too liquid).
- When the oil mixture is starting to solidify around the edges, start beating with a hand mixer. Continue for a few more minutes, or until it looks kinda like whipped cream, forming stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other storage.
Lemon Vanilla Whipped Body Butter
1 cup solid coconut oil
1/2 cup shea butter
7 drops citrus fresh essential oil
3 drops lemon essential oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a glass bowl or measuring cup add in coconut oil and shea butter. Place in microwave and cook the oil/butter combination until it becomes turns to liquid. I did this in 10 second increments.
2. Remove from heat and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-minutes and the glass has cooled.
3. Place your glass bowl in the freezer for 10-minutes and wait for the liquid to solidify just a bit. (Make sure it’s solid, leave longer if it isn’t solid yet, it won’t whip if it’s liquid. ) Spoon the mixture into a stand mixer (or hand mixer) add in your lemon oil and vanilla drops, then whip on the highest speed for 3-6 minutes or until it is light and fluffy and about doubled the size.
4. Once you are happy with the consistency spoon the body butter into a glass jar and apply the lid tightly. The body butter will last for up to six months.