I thought I’d share my meal planning for this upcoming week in case anyone’s looking for ideas and as a way to store recipes I try so I can easily find them again 🙂
Monday: Chicken Paella
Side note: I’ll probably tweak this recipe a bit and use kielbasa instead of chorizo because it’s a little less fatty and the kids prefer it. I’ll also probably sub the green beans with peas as well, just preference, no other reason.
Tuesday: Cheddar Beer Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
I like these sweet potato fries the best!
Wednesday: Oven Baked Steak Kabobs and White Rice
Thursday: Zupa Toscana and Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Zupa Toscana recipe here
CB Biscuits recipe here
Friday: Homemade Chicken Tenders and Rissoto
Chicken tender recipe from the Fabulicious cookbook. Yes, the Real Housewives one lol, don’t knock it till you try it y’all 😉 The recipe is really for drumsticks, but I’ve found it works just fine for tenders as well 🙂
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crumpled dried rosemary
- 12 skinless boneless chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Position rack in top 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the panko, grated cheese, oregano and rosemary. Dip each tender in yogurt mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl. Add yogurt covered tender to the panko mixture bowl. Turn to coat. Place on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil.
- Bake for about 15 and then turn tenders over to crisp other side and bake for about another 15 mins.
For the rissoto, I’ll probably use this recipe again but switch out the mushrooms for something different like sun dried tomatoes and corn or something like that.
And there ya go, a full work week’s worth of meals planned! Happy Sunday y’all!