Last Sunday we had Joaquim’s second birthday party ( more to come on that)! We did a lumberjack breakfast theme and one of the dishes I made was a veggie egg bake. Parties can be hectic, and I wanted to simply where I could and do as much ahead of time as possible so things wouldn’t be down to the wire. This recipe was perfect for just that. You do all the work the night before, and then just pop it in the oven the next morning to bake! Veggie Egg Bake
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 redbell pepper
- 1cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray or grease with butter.
2.Place the shredded cheese in the dish and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour. Toss together with your fingers to distribute evenly.
3. Cut veggies into bite size pieces and layer on top of cheese/flour mixture.
4. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and garlic.
5. Pour over the cheese veggie mixture.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set and the top has browned.
Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.