It’s taken me until my 30’s to feel comfortable enough cooking to take a shot at making my own sauce. The Italian in me was just to nervous I would fail and well, I was scared. But that’s the beautiful thing about cooking, you can usually fix mess ups pretty easily and I’ve quite enjoyed experimenting and tweaking this recipe, mixing herbs and trying combining different things. In my opinion part of the point of cooking is to enjoy yourself so it’s better to just go with the flow and see what comes of it ; and of course nothing makes me happier than making a yummy healthy meal for my family.
- Two cans organic diced tomatoes
- one extra large garlic clove or three regular size cloves
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp herbs de Provence with lavender
- olive oil
- pinch of flour
1. Add a splash of olive oil to sauce pan and brown ground beef.
2. And garlic and rosemary to food processor and mince real fine
3. Add garlic Rosemary mix to ground beef and mix well. Let cook until garlic is “sweating”
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5.Add tomatoes in their juices and beef stock and stir. Bring to a boil.
6.Add salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, bay leaves and red wine and stir.
7.To thicken add a pinch of flour, more or less depending on your desired consistency.
8. Let simmer for anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours, the longer the flavors mix together, the better or tastes!