As the temps get cooler I find myself craving hot meals from the slow cooker more often. Nothing like a warm full tummy on a cold day! This was another, what do we have in the house? What sounds good together? kind of concoction but we liked it so much I thought I better write this down somewhere!
Slow Cooker Rosemary Dijon Pork Chops
- 5 large pork chops
- 8 medium yellow potatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- White wine
1. Drizzle bottom of slow cooker pan with olive oil and turn in high
2. Trim excess fat from pork chops and cut into large pieces
3. Peel and quarter potatoes
4. Put pork and potatoes in slow cooker
5. In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic, Dijon, soy sauce, salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, and Rosemary.
6. Pour Dijon sauce over pork and potatoes and toss lightly with a wooden spoon until pork and potatoes are well coated.
7. Add chicken broth and a splash of white wine and mix again.
8. Cook for 4-6 hours or until pork and potatoes are tender.
9. Serve over white rice.