The air has been getting crisper and the temps cooler. Fall is such a cozy season and I just love using the slow cooker during this time of year to make meals for my family! This recipe I kinda just threw together, it was one of those… Let’s see what we have around the house meals 🙂 but it actually turned out super yummy and it’s pretty healthy too! I served this with rice and homemade kale chips, but there’s plenty of ways to eat this dish!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
5 medium russet potatoes
3 medium carrots
Two 14 oz can low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp herbs de Provence
1/2 tsp Chopped fresh Rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 bay leaves
1 . Peel potatoes and carrots and roughly chop into medium sized pieces
2 . Drizzle olive oil on the bottom on your slow cook pan and set on high.
3 . Add potatoes and carrots
4. Sprinkle potato carrot mixture generously with salt and pepper.
5. Add beef and sprinkle additional salt and pepper.
6. Toss ingredients around in the olive oil with a wooden spoon.
7. Add chicken broth, herbs de Provence , fresh rosemary,bay leaves, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
8. Mix well with wooden spoon.
9. Add splash of red wine and mix well.
10. Cook on high for about 6 hours or until meat is fully cooked and tender and the potatoes and carrots are soft.