There has been a massive heatwave the past few days with the heat index in the 100s! The kids have been loving to run through the sprinklers to cool off and when I saw Stephanie’s post on frozen yogurt Popsicles I knew we needed some in our house ASAP. They looked so refreshing and healthy too! I use vanilla Greek yogurt to give the kids an easy way to get a little extra protein in their diet, but vanilla is key as I’ve tried these before with plain Greek yogurt and found them too sour. You could also add a little vanilla to plain Greek yogurt if that’s what you have around the house!
I checked out a couple other bloggers recipes as well, added my own little quirks and voila! These are so easy and a great healthy snack for the kids and for yourself! They’re also a great way to use up fruit you may not get to in time 🙂
Blueberry Peach Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- 15 ozs Vanilla Greek yogurt ( I used Chobani)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of one peach cut in small pieces
- pinch of sugar ( optional)
- Popsicle molds ( I used these)
1. Combine yogurt and applesauce in a bowl
2. Add sprinkle of sugar and mix lightly
3. Mix in fruit
4. Pour mixture into molds and freeze for about 7 hours
When you’re ready to serve, hold the mold under warm water for about 20 seconds. After that, you should be able easily remove it from the mold.